Monday, May 28, 2012

Short story by anto


       How many times have you wondered what would happened if just you held your tongue and closed your mouth? Well, to me it occurred hundreds of times. Actually I remember in detail one situation in particular, I opened my mouth and something terrible occurred.
Out of nowhere, I was dealing with a problem that could have been avoided. But this time was different, I actually felt fear, that I was in danger now, and something is needed to be done. It did not feel right, this sensation preoccupied me, something was not right with me after my big mouth was opened.
Let me tell you how this situation started, I was walking with my dog, it was early in the morning, the sun was shining, listening my music as usual, when I ran into my little cousin Johnny, who sheared me some candy and asked me several questions about his parents, who where getting a divorce. He was at the early age of asking everything, and why ?, was his favorite phrase, and I answered his doubts. When I continued my walk, a phew meters from there I suddenly paralyzed and entered into some sort of shock, I immediately regretted having opened my mouth, this usually brings consequences, but it seemed to never thought me a lesson. I could not talk anymore, and felt like no one could help me at this point. Desperation made me ran back home, almost choking my dog.
Finally, when I arrived home no one was there, my heart was still beating and my hands were sweating. Anyway this feeling soon began to fade away. I called my parents, my brother and even my friends. I needed to know what happened to me in the park. That ugly sensation that was pestering my mouth.
When a friend of mine answered my call, he laughed at me for a while. -You are such a fool he said. I cant believe you-d never had one of those before-. My mouth wasn’t really falling apart, or exploding, nothing was wrong with me, the panic was uncalled for, the candy was meant to be an explosive lollipop. Those tingly sensations which were unfamiliar to me were harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment